Frequently asked questions (FAQs):-
- If I reach IIT Kanpur in Late Hours then where to go for accommodation?
If you reach IIT Kanpur after 8 PM then you are requested to go to the dormitory of the hostel allotted to you. A room will be allotted to you next day after 8 AM.
- Is accommodation is available for accompanying parent?
Limited accommodation is available for accompanying parent of female candidates only. The candidate has to pay additional accommodation fee for the parent. If father is accompanying the female candidate then the father will be accommodated in a different boy's hostel.
- Is the accommodation fee refundable?
The accommodation feeonce paid will not be refunded in any case.
- Who to contact for admission related matters?
You are requested to contact the respective department.
- How to reach IIT Kanpur from Kanpur Central Railway Station?
IIT Kanpur is 16 KM from Kanpur Central Railway Station. One can hire a taxi/auto to reach IIT Kanpur. It will take 40 Minutes to 1 Hour to reach IIT Kanpur from Kanpur Central Railway Station by a taxi/auto.
- How to locate the hostel allotted to me after reaching IIT Kanpur?
After reaching IIT Kanpur you are requested to show your interview call letter to the security personal posted at the main security gate. They will help you in locating the allotted hostel to you.
- How to extend my stay in case of need?
Please approach the hostel office and pay the requisite room charge after confirmation. No student shall be allowed to overstay without the prior permission of the Warden-in-Charge.
- When should I check the website for the Hostel allotted to me?
You are requested to check the website after 4 days of making the payment.
- Can I make the payment using other mode of payment?
No. You have to make the payment through SBI ICollect only.
- How to make the payment if I do not have net banking and credit card?
You can deposit the requisite amount in the nearest bank branch by printing the challan from SBI ICollect. After depositing the amount the transaction reference number has to be entered in the Accommodation Portal.