Important Instructions to the Candidates
Note: You can request an accommodation only for Post Graduate Admission December-2019.
- Since hostel rooms are allotted to candidates, they have to manage with the facilities available in hostels.
- Candidates who want the accommodation can apply online after the payment of requisite accommodation charges.
- The accommodation charges shall be paid through SBI I-Collect. :- Click Here
- Kindly mention the receipt no- DU12****** in the online form for the allotment of rooms.
- The rooms shall be provided on first come first serve basis. The payment shall be refunded in your bank account if rooms are not available.
- No refund is allowed if room is allotted and the candidate does not avail the accommodation.
- Single room accommodation to each student shall be provided on availability of sufficient rooms. In case of shortage of rooms, the candidates shall be allotted double bedded rooms on sharing basis.
- Please submit your accommodation request seven days prior to your interview/ test. The names of the candidates and hostels allotted to them shall be displayed on the web page of Dean of Student's Affairs (DOSA) four days prior to your test/ interview date or may be intimated to you through email.
- Candidates shall be provided beds with beddings (mattress, bed sheet, pillow with cover) and they must return it at the time of check out.
- The call letter from the Institute is your identity proof. Please keep it with you along with a photo id card (PAN, Aadhaar, any other i-card where your photo is available).
- Tobacco, alcohol and other intoxicants are strictly prohibited inside the IIT Kanpur campus.
- The candidates can take food from the hostel mess by purchasing guest coupons available in the mess. The candidates can also take their food from different canteens available at all the hostels. The candidates can also take their food from the Food Court in New Student's Activity Centre.
- Candidates shall ensure the safety of their luggage. The hostel officials are not responsible for any loss.
- Candidates are requested to bring their own lock and key. Water filters are available in each block or near the canteen/ mess but they should arrange for their own water bottles.
- If you need to extend your stay, please approach the hostel office and pay the requisite room charge after confirmation. No student shall be allowed to overstay without the prior permission of the Warden-in-Charge.