- All Application fee payment reconciled. Please login and check the application status.
- If referees are not able to submit the reference online through Referee's portal then Referees can send reference directly to DPGC of the department quoting the application ref. no., name and program. The contact details of DPGCs as follows DPGC Contact Details Reference Letter Format
- If you have completed the online payment process and the fee amount has been debited from your bank account but for some reasons you did not receive payment successful message, Fee Payment will take 2-3 days to reconcile after Bank confirmation.
- For M.Tech. Admission, Specialization/Discipline/Interest:
- Electrical Engineering [Control and Automation, Power Engineering]
- Mechanical Engineering [Robotics and Automation, Manufacturing Science]
- The Starting Date of submitting online applications is November 03, 2017 (00:00 Hrs).
- The last date of submitting online applications is November 17, 2017 (23:59 Hrs).
- Only Indian Residents should apply from this portal.
- All applications must be submitted online only; there is no provision for offline submission of application form.
- Use this Portal to apply for M.Tech./MS (Research)/Ph.D. programmes only.
- Please go through
General Information & How To Apply before filling up PG Online Application. Before submitting the Online Applications you must ensure that you have uploaded all the required
documents (as per eligibility for requirements) failing which your application may be considered invalid.
- Use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browser.
- If you are filling details of Point 4 C. Other Degree obtained after 10+2, please fill all fields of corresponding other degree details (Scroll the horizontal bar).
- After "Final Submission", the status of the application will be changed to "Applied" and an auto-generated email will be sent to Referees (only for PhD) with email subject "Request for Reference" from email@example.com. Referees can submit their recommendations through "Referee Online Portal" (only) using login credentials provided through auto-generated email
- You can pay application fee from any bank (Canara, UBI, PNB, SBI, BOB, CBI, ICICI, AXIS etc.) through Payment Gateway. Please read carefully FAQs before Fee Payment process.
- Please read carefully the Requirements for various PG programmes offered by IIT Kanpur given in the PG Manual and Upload essential documents, otherwise you may not be shortlisted for Admission.
- If you have B.E./B.Tech. degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institute with 75% marks or 7.5 CPI in scale of 10 (If your institution provides grades then convert to % according institute rules) then you are eligible for direct admission in Ph.D. without GATE score.
If you have M.Sc/MA degree from one of the IIT's with a minimum CPI of 8.0 then you are eligible for Ph.D admission in Sciences / Humanities and Social Sciences without GATE/CSIR/UGC/NET/Other.
If you have B.Tech. degree from one of IIT's with a minimum overall CPI of 6.5 and a minimum CPI of 8.0 in the last two years then you are eligible for direct admission in M.Tech./MS (Research) without GATE score.
- The Application fee is as follows: Rs. 400 for General/OBC applicants; Rs. 200 for SC/ST/PwD applicants. Application fee is to be paid through Payment Gateway via Net Banking / Credit or Debit Card.
- If you are filling the application form first time, please click the link
"Register Here" provided on the right panel of this page.
- Please provide proper academic, personal e-mail and contact (mobile no.) information as these will be used for communication & verification. E-mail intimation will be sent to you after registration.
- Financial Status: Institute Assistance Required/Sponsored/Fellowship (if CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICAR/ICMR/Other)/Self Sponsored/Institute Project
- Applicants, who have submitted their complete application will be able to check the status of their application by login through this portal. You may also contact concerned department for the status of your Application.
- If you are already registered with this site and have trouble in signing in, ensure that the password you are providing is correct and 'CAPS LOCK' is not on.
- If you forgot your password, click the link "Forgot Password", and answer the security question to change your old password.
- This software runs on IE6.0+, Firefox 2.0+ and Mozilla and is best viewed on screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels